Featured Post

live in the present

life is always in transition, the time gives no time to stay in present, most of the time , we either think about future or become nostalg...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Walkman Nostalgia


While searching something, I saw my old Walkman in my old bag inside my bed. It touched me at core of my heart. It remained my MUSICAL COMPANION for almost SEVEN YEARS. Some people were envy of me just because of that Walkman. I am lucky enough to see the changing face of music technology. I listened song on gramophone, tape recorder, car stereo, self made music system with buffer ,twitter and speaker inserted in Ghara ( earthen pot for water) CD player, VCD player, DVD player, music system, home theatre , mobile , laptop and ipod.

Music on all India Radio‘s Urdu service, Radio Ceylon, world space, and radio mirchi . In all of its forms from mono, stereo, Dolby and surround sound etc.

But no one can match with my walkman, I REALLY MISS YOU…

There are many songs which I listened in loop on that walkman And one of them

Was – PAHLA NASHA , PAHALA KHUMAR- from jo jita wahi sikander.

I consider this song as return of melody in Indian CinemA, AFTER almost non musical decade (80’s. )

Old musicians like RD Burman and Laxmi pyare were at the verge of the retirement. Bhappi da was busy in beating any instrument he found fit to beat perhaps including his wife’s kitchen items too.

Then came new musicians with fresh breath to music lovers. These include Nadeem Shrvan, Anand Milind.

JATIN LALIT’s MUSIC WAS FRESH LIKE MORNING DEW.

Majrooh Sultanpuri’s one of the last but best lyrics and soothing voice of Udit Narayan & Sadhana Sargam..

It’s a kind of song that surrounds you in a circle of melody.

What a beginning of the song – chahe tum kuchh na kaho maine sunn liya……

I just love PIANO BEATS in this song.

Chaahe tum kuchh na kaho maine sun liya

Ki saathi pyaar ka mujhe chun liya

Chun liya

Maine Sun liya

Pehla nasha

Pehla khumaar

Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar

Kar loon main kya apna haal

Aye dil-e-bekaraar

Mere dil-e-bekaraar

Tu hi bata

Pehla nasha

Pehla khumaar

Udta hi firoon in hawaon mein kahin

Ya main jhool jaoon in ghataon mein kahin

Udta hi firoon in hawaon mein kahin

Ya main jhool jaoon in ghataon mein kahin

Ek kar doon aasmaan zameen

Kaho yaaron kya karoon kya nahin

Pehla nasha

Pehla khumaar

Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar

Kar loon main kya apna haal

Aye dil-e-bekaraar

Mere dil-e-bekaraar

Tu hi bata

Pehla nasha

Pehla khumaar

Usne baat ki kuchh aise dhang se

Sapne de gaya vo hazaaron range ke

Usne baat ki kuchh aise dhang se

Sapne de gaya vo hazaaron range ke

Reh jaoon jaise main haar ke

Aur choome vo mujhe pyaar se

Pehla nasha

Pehla khumaar

Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar

Kar loon main kya apna haal

Aye dil-e-bekaraar

Mere dil-e-bekaraar


AnMol vachAN: Chahey main kuchh bhi na kahon phir bhi ye song superb hai.


No comments:

Post a Comment